We want clients to achieve long-term recovery and engage in their recovery.
Alta Centers history encompasses our commitment to each human being that has the courage to get sober and remain sober. Alta Centers first opened in 2015 with the idea of integrating programs that incorporate treatment into a person’s life, without consuming an individual with exhausting treatment. We understand that treatment is a complicated and challenging part of someone’s life and committing to the success of our clients and their loved ones, as they embark on a journey towards recovery.
Alta Centers developed initially as an outpatient program, operating our program to incorporate teaching every person that works through our doors about recovery and enhancing their life. Hoping that every person would learn not only how to stay sober but how to truly live as a sober person, dealing with natural stressors and discussing them in an open, honest space. Each client receiving weekly psychiatrist session, a therapy session, and a case management session.
As we developed our clinical program, we committed to helping an individual seeking treatment every step of the way from detox to long term recovery and developing skills that a person can enhance over a lifetime. We are here to treat the whole person and to teach that recovery can not only be an amazing experience but an exciting experience.
We became Joint Commission accredited in the spring of 2016, committing to our patient experience and best practices of addiction treatment. Through the time we have been open, our staff and program have been featured on E! Television, Music Connection magazine, The Recovery Revolution podcast as well as other and our approach has engaged industry professionals as innovative. Alta Centers has always committed to our mission statement, from the day we opened our doors, we have been determined to providing addiction treatment to struggling individuals in a community environment with a transparent voice, helping them feel safe, and have a newfound sense of stability and belonging.
Our current model has a program that is a continuum combining treatment, education, detoxification and residential to provide a community environment at all levels of care, utilizing evidence-based practices, and a staff that cares about each person walking through our doors. At Alta Centers, we focus on the reasons why there is an addiction and how emotional and psychological factors can be a root cause of addiction, dealing with those painful experiences with dedicated professionals.
culture / lifestyle
Alta Centers represents an active lifestyle, Alta Centers incorporates learning about recovery and teaching an individual how to stay sober. The day program ultimately processes the feelings on why they have suffered from addiction and what they can do to change their lives and make it better.
We want our clients to understand that recovery doesn't have to be the end of your life but a new start. You can have fun and be a part of society while being a sober person. Our lifestyle is about changing the stigma attached to individuals in recovery from addiction. We firmly believe in people following their goals, dreams, and aspirations as they develop who they are in sobriety. We try to show our clients that the qualities we have can be positive towards our recovery, engaging them in local events and activities as well as attending college or furthering their education to prepare them for their future.
A tagline at Alta Centers is we focus on integrating treatment into life not consuming your life with treatment. We firmly believe in this motto and want to encourage our clients to develop a positive interaction with what their future may hold by dealing with natural stressors in a healthy environment. Slowly engaging someone into the real world rather than disengaging them until discharge can lead to harmful reactions to triggers and cravings.
We have always established from the start of our company, that we wanted to be a leader in understanding adults and comforting them when they get into treatment. We want to demystify the areas that most adults struggle with when they get sober that sobriety will only be boring, our goal is to make sure clients are left with a lasting impact to ensure quality and recovery.
Alta Centers is comprised of staff from many backgrounds. Collectively with over 60 years experience in the field, we do not compromise when it comes to knowledgeable staff and client-focused treatment.
- Garrett Braukman grew up in a home filled with secrets of addiction and abuse. Initially, wanting to work in music, he found himself at a calling to help others in addiction leading him to find sobriety early in life and getting a degree in Substance Abuse Counseling. Garrett's career has spanned from entry-level to executive management, with previous experience in Orange County, Malibu, and Hollywood. Garrett identifies transformational leadership as the most influential form of leadership a facility can have, which he has developed at Alta Centers. Featured on E! and in Music Connection Magazine, Garrett's approach to recovery is unique, providing powerful insight into the programming at Alta Centers.
- Jessica holds a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy, her specialty is working with dual-diagnosis patients in substance use disorder recovery. Spending multiple years working in the treatment community and growing her skills as a therapist, Jessica is an asset to Alta Centers with a focus on Trauma Informed Care. Jessica grew up in Boston Massachusetts before moving to Los Angeles, she states her favorite part of this job is Being able to connect and empower individuals in their process, spending time privately with each client and helping them to reach their goals for themselves and their future. In her free time, she spends time with her child and her animals.
- Growing up in New York, William struggled with addiction and substance abuse issues for most of his life until he came to Alta Centers, William is an alumnus of our program who has first-hand experience of the life changing experience treatment can have. He graduated from Intercoast Colleges specializing in substance abuse counseling. Williams knowledge of Alta Centers and his knowledge of recovery empowers him to help clients to the best ability by being there from intake to discharge. In his spare time, he likes to attend and perform at local comedy clubs.
- Emily grew up in Carmel, California, has been living in Los Angeles for the last 6 years, she prides herself in her own long-term recovery and is passionate about helping others both in and out of the recovery community and behavioral healthcare has a special place in her heart as does helping those in addiction with over 4 years’ experience in the field of recovery, she has an AA in Addiction Studies and pursuing higher education to continue to grow within the field of behavioral healthcare, her favorite part of the job is “watching the light illuminate the darkest parts of our spirit, empowering individuals that our actions in the past do not define who we become in our future; Helping others to see the truth in who we have the ability to become and helping individuals reach a stronger concept of self`` She loves creative arts, in her free time she spends time with friends, her recovery network, practices meditation and explores new interests.
- Ricky has worked at multiple programs over the last decade, with a focus on helping those in recovery and passion for people having second chances at life, he is over 6 years sober and works a personal program of recovery. Ricky has a bachelor’s degree and is registered in California to work with people in recovery as they strive to become their best self. He resides in Beverly Hills with his fiancé and two cats. He is an avid outdoorsman and loves spending time with family and friends. His favorite part of his job: “revealing people’s sense of self-worth and value at times when they feel at their most vulnerable``.
- Sarah comes to Alta Centers, with experience and passion about the recovery community, she loves helping people grow towards sobriety and health. Sarah grew up in the San Fernando Valley and after experiencing her own battle with addiction vowed to help others achieve sobriety. Her favorite part of the job is “seeing people become their true selves, learning about themselves and making changes in their lives, being able to share my experience with them; it’s a beautiful thing when they accept it”. Sarah spends her free time with her son, her 12-step community, and family.
- Dr. Mallare has been working in addiction treatment for over ten years. Mallare has specialized in detox and residential levels of care in substance abuse treatment. Working for facilities from Malibu to Hollywood, Mallare has found that addiction recovery. Dr. Mallare obtained his degrees and training from Pepperdine University, Cal. State University, Los Angeles, (Master’s in Psychology), American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine(M.D.), University of VT, Department of Surgery, East Tennessee State, Department of Psychiatry, and UCSF (Fresno), Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Mallare has been in practice for over twenty years.
From public policy, advocacy, science, patient rights, ethics, morals to just learning more about how Alta Centers runs and effectively combats addiction with treatment can be found in our resources. We believe firmly that education can help those afflicted by addiction and their loved ones to better understand, better combat, and better identify when they need to seek help for addiction issues.