We want clients to achieve long-term recovery and engage in their recovery.
Alta Centers history encompasses our commitment to each human being that has the courage to get sober and remain sober. Alta Centers first opened in 2015 with the idea of integrating programs that incorporate treatment into a person’s life, without consuming an individual with exhausting treatment. We understand that treatment is a complicated and challenging part of someone’s life and committing to the success of our clients and their loved ones, as they embark on a journey towards recovery.
Alta Centers developed initially as an outpatient program, operating our program to incorporate teaching every person that works through our doors about recovery and enhancing their life. Hoping that every person would learn not only how to stay sober but how to truly live as a sober person, dealing with natural stressors and discussing them in an open, honest space. Each client receiving weekly psychiatrist session, a therapy session, and a case management session.
As we developed our clinical program, we committed to helping an individual seeking treatment every step of the way from detox to long term recovery and developing skills that a person can enhance over a lifetime. We are here to treat the whole person and to teach that recovery can not only be an amazing experience but an exciting experience.
We became Joint Commission accredited in the spring of 2016, committing to our patient experience and best practices of addiction treatment. Through the time we have been open, our staff and program have been featured on E! Television, Music Connection magazine, The Recovery Revolution podcast as well as other and our approach has engaged industry professionals as innovative. Alta Centers has always committed to our mission statement, from the day we opened our doors, we have been determined to providing addiction treatment to struggling individuals in a community environment with a transparent voice, helping them feel safe, and have a newfound sense of stability and belonging.
Our current model has a program that is a continuum combining treatment, education, detoxification and residential to provide a community environment at all levels of care, utilizing evidence-based practices, and a staff that cares about each person walking through our doors. At Alta Centers, we focus on the reasons why there is an addiction and how emotional and psychological factors can be a root cause of addiction, dealing with those painful experiences with dedicated professionals.
culture / lifestyle
Alta Centers represents an active lifestyle, Alta Centers incorporates learning about recovery and teaching an individual how to stay sober. The day program ultimately processes the feelings on why they have suffered from addiction and what they can do to change their lives and make it better.
We want our clients to understand that recovery doesn’t have to be the end of your life but a new start. You can have fun and be a part of society while being a sober person. Our lifestyle is about changing the stigma attached to individuals in recovery from addiction. We firmly believe in people following their goals, dreams, and aspirations as they develop who they are in sobriety. We try to show our clients that the qualities we have can be positive towards our recovery, engaging them in local events and activities as well as attending college or furthering their education to prepare them for their future.
A tagline at Alta Centers is we focus on integrating treatment into life not consuming your life with treatment. We firmly believe in this motto and want to encourage our clients to develop a positive interaction with what their future may hold by dealing with natural stressors in a healthy environment. Slowly engaging someone into the real world rather than disengaging them until discharge can lead to harmful reactions to triggers and cravings.
We have always established from the start of our company, that we wanted to be a leader in understanding adults and comforting them when they get into treatment. We want to demystify the areas that most adults struggle with when they get sober that sobriety will only be boring, our goal is to make sure clients are left with a lasting impact to ensure quality and recovery.
Alta Centers is comprised of staff from many backgrounds. Collectively with over 60 years experience in the field, we do not compromise when it comes to knowledgeable staff and client-focused treatment.
- Garrett Braukman grew up in a home filled with secrets of addiction and abuse. Initially, wanting to work in music, he found himself at a calling to help others in addiction leading him to find sobriety early in life and getting a degree in Substance Abuse Counseling. Garrett's career has spanned from entry-level to executive management, with previous experience in Orange County, Malibu, and Hollywood. Garrett identifies transformational leadership as the most influential form of leadership a facility can have, which he has developed at Alta Centers. Featured on E! and in Music Connection Magazine, Garrett's approach to recovery is unique, providing powerful insight into the programming at Alta Centers.
- Satch Selden comes to Alta Centers with vast experience in admissions and business development. Satch is a young professional working in behavioral health facility in the Greater Los Angeles area. Satch is a driven and optimistic team member that reaches the community in an effective and productive way. He Is a known face at behavioral health conferences across the country, and is an activist for continued growth, and ethical activity in the community. Satch himself, is sober from alcohol and drugs and says his strength to work in the field comes from being in recovery. In his spare time, he is a singer and songwriter performing in the local Los Angeles circuit.
- Stacy came to Alta Centers in the fall of 2015. Stacy graduated from Pierce College with major in addiction studies. She has spent the last ten years as a substance abuse counselor working in college settings, residential treatment settings, and outpatient treatment. She is knowledgeable in recovery and states her recovery is why she felt called to work in addiction treatment.
- Farah is a licensed marriage and family therapist, originally from Orange County, California. Farah has worked in addiction treatment since she started interning for her license. Farah has worked in both state-funded and private facilities and has developed the curriculum at Alta Centers. She brings a sense of belonging to all clients at Alta Centers.
- Leslie brings Alta Centers her experience in the recovery field, and a heart dedicated to helping others. Leslie has an extensive business background having run her own companies, and marketing departments for major corporations. She is passionate about education and innovation. Having completed her MBA at Cal State University Dominguez Hills, Leslie is now working on her Doctorate in Entrepreneurship at Walden University. As Director of Business Development, Leslie is nurturing new industry relationships, allowing Alta Centers to partner with other outstanding treatment centers, locally and nationally, in service of those seeking healing and sobriety. As part of the Alta Centers family, Leslie is reaching out to clients, clinicians, treatment centers, law enforcement and corporations to join hands and lead those who are addicted to their road to recovery.
- Kristina comes to Alta Centers with a background in healthcare from her education. Kristina herself, never saw herself going into the field of addiction recovery, but quickly saw the need to help people after experiencing the effects of the heroin epidemic in Ohio. Kristina sees working in treatment as a means to help others and meet people where they are, by being attentive and understanding their struggles with authenticity and openness.
- Dr. Mallare has been working in addiction treatment for over ten years. Mallare has specialized in detox and residential levels of care in substance abuse treatment. Working for facilities from Malibu to Hollywood, Mallare has found that addiction recovery. Dr. Mallare obtained his degrees and training from Pepperdine University, Cal. State University, Los Angeles, (Master’s in Psychology), American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine(M.D.), University of VT, Department of Surgery, East Tennessee State, Department of Psychiatry, and UCSF (Fresno), Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Mallare has been in practice for over twenty years.
- Dr. Anita Prince came to Alta Centers after working in public mental health care for Los Angeles County. Anita Prince went to college at the Tel Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine. It is there where she found her passion in psychiatry and mental health. She is board certified in psychiatry and maintains a medical license in the state of California.
From public policy, advocacy, science, patient rights, ethics, morals to just learning more about how Alta Centers runs and effectively combats addiction with treatment can be found in our resources. We believe firmly that education can help those afflicted by addiction and their loved ones to better understand, better combat, and better identify when they need to seek help for addiction issues.