Why Choose Alta Centers?
Alta Centers is California’s Premier Substance Abuse Treatment Program. We specialize in providing substance abuse treatment for men and women who are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Alta Centers has achieved a Joint Commission Accreditation, (JHACO), which is the Highest Level of Accreditation in the Industry.
We are located in the beautiful Hollywood Hills and just minutes away from Southern California’s nearby beautiful beaches.
We strive to make our clients feel that they are in the safest environment possible. We offer comfort, support, and respect.
We believe that proper client care is established through communication and compassion.
welcome to alta centers
Alta Center’s mission is to provide treatment for people from all walks of life who are struggling with chemical dependency. And in a community environment with a transparent value, helping them feel safe and have a newfound sense of stability and belonging.
Alta Centers is here to help, with a 24 hours admissions line, and staff willing to take you through every step of treatment to identify the issues and reasons for addiction.
Our goal is to make sure clients are left with a lasting impact to ensure quality and recovery.
for your loved one
Alta Centers was started to not only help the addict but to help the addict’s family
Accreditations, Standards & Associations
Take a Tour of Beautiful Alta Centers
Hollywood Hills Home
Alta Centers provides addiction treatment to struggling individuals in a community environment with a transparent value, helping them feel safe and have a newfound sense of stability and belonging.
Quality, Individualized, and A Safe Environment to develop who you are as a sober person through detox, treatment and outpatient levels of care.
We know the difficulty of getting clean & sober, we are committed to each client and determined to make a difference in the journey of recovery for all who enter our doors.
Alta Centers is comprised of staff from many backgrounds. Collectively with over 60 years experience in the field, we do not compromise when it comes to knowledgeable staff and client-focused treatment.
- Garrett Braukman grew up in a home filled with secrets of addiction and abuse. Initially, wanting to work in music, he found himself at a calling to help others in addiction leading him to find sobriety early in life and getting a degree in Substance Abuse Counseling. Garrett's career has spanned from entry-level to executive management, with previous experience in Orange County, Malibu, and Hollywood. Garrett identifies transformational leadership as the most influential form of leadership a facility can have, which he has developed at Alta Centers. Featured on E! and in Music Connection Magazine, Garrett's approach to recovery is unique, providing powerful insight into the programming at Alta Centers.
- Rachel has worked in addiction treatment for over four years. She found that helping people was one of the best aspects of being sober once she got clean. Rachel's recovery led her to start working in the addiction field, starting in the private sector with facilities in Malibu and Pasadena before coming to Alta Centers in the winter of 2015.
- Stacy came to Alta Centers in the fall of 2015. Stacy graduated from Pierce College with major in addiction studies. She has spent the last ten years as a substance abuse counselor working in college settings, residential treatment settings, and outpatient treatment. She is knowledgeable in recovery and states her recovery is why she felt called to work in addiction treatment.
- Farah is a licensed marriage and family therapist, originally from Orange County, California. Farah has worked in addiction treatment since she started interning for her license. Farah has worked in both state-funded and private facilities and has developed the curriculum at Alta Centers. She brings a sense of belonging to all clients at Alta Centers.
- Leslie brings Alta Centers her experience in the recovery field, and a heart dedicated to helping others. Leslie has an extensive business background having run her own companies, and marketing departments for major corporations. She is passionate about education and innovation. Having completed her MBA at Cal State University Dominguez Hills, Leslie is now working on her Doctorate in Entrepreneurship at Walden University. As Director of Business Development, Leslie is nurturing new industry relationships, allowing Alta Centers to partner with other outstanding treatment centers, locally and nationally, in service of those seeking healing and sobriety. As part of the Alta Centers family, Leslie is reaching out to clients, clinicians, treatment centers, law enforcement and corporations to join hands and lead those who are addicted to their road to recovery.
- Kristina comes to Alta Centers with a background in healthcare from her education. Kristina herself, never saw herself going into the field of addiction recovery, but quickly saw the need to help people after experiencing the effects of the heroin epidemic in Ohio. Kristina sees working in treatment as a means to help others and meet people where they are, by being attentive and understanding their struggles with authenticity and openness.
- Dr. Mallare has been working in addiction treatment for over ten years. Mallare has specialized in detox and residential levels of care in substance abuse treatment. Working for facilities from Malibu to Hollywood, Mallare has found that addiction recovery. Dr. Mallare obtained his degrees and training from Pepperdine University, Cal. State University, Los Angeles, (Master’s in Psychology), American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine(M.D.), University of VT, Department of Surgery, East Tennessee State, Department of Psychiatry, and UCSF (Fresno), Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Mallare has been in practice for over twenty years.
- Dr. Anita Prince came to Alta Centers after working in public mental health care for Los Angeles County. Anita Prince went to college at the Tel Aviv University, Sackler School of Medicine. It is there where she found her passion in psychiatry and mental health. She is board certified in psychiatry and maintains a medical license in the state of California.
read the alta centers blog
From public policy, advocacy, science, patient rights, ethics, morals to just learning more about how Alta Centers runs and effectively combats addiction with treatment can be found in our resources. We believe firmly that education can help those afflicted by addiction and their loved ones to better understand, better combat, and better identify when they need to seek help for addiction issues.